Getting a new phone is an exciting experience especially when you are upgrading to a more advanced gadget. However, the thought of losing your current apps is not very exciting as it would be wastage of time if you will be forced to download the apps afresh.
Here is a guide on how you will be able to keep your apps when making the switch from one phone to the other:
• Using your old phone, sign in to your Google account; you can clarify if this is the case by clicking on the settings icon, then click the accounts option.
• Check the backup settings on your phone; this varies from one phone to the other but in most cases, you will find this icon under the settings tab.
• On the backup tab, you will select the ‘back up my data’ option which will ensure that all your personal details in the phone including the apps have been moved to the Google servers.
• After starting up the new phone, all you will need to do is to download Google drive app and when this is done, sign in to your account using the preset Google credentials.
• You will move to the saved backup option where you will find the apps that you had been using in your old phone. You will select the apps you require in your new phone and install them in your new phone through the help of Google Drive.
• If you carefully follow these steps, it will be as though you are still using your old phone.
You should ensure that you have backed up your apps before restoring the factory settings or giving the old phone to someone else. If you do not do this, you will lose all your favorite apps and getting them installed will not be as easy as it would have been if you had the backup.